On 22 February, the Association has released a protocol for motorcycles and small vehicles to its Regular Members.
CHAdeMO protocol for two-wheelers is the extension of its standard specification adapted to small capacity DC charging providing approximately up to 10kW (voltage 120V, max current 100A.) Developed based on IEC 61851-25 standard, the Protocol describes all details of technical specifications which are not fully illustrated in the international standard. In addition, the size of connector is also smaller than usual one.
The Protocol includes six documents as listed below:
- Specification document of quick charging station for electric powered two wheelers
- Specs document for certification test of quick charging station for electric powered two wheelers
- Protocol check sheet of charger for electric powered two wheelers
- Performance confirmation document of charging connector for electric powered two wheelers
- Performance confirmation document of vehicle inlet for electric powered two wheelers
- Specification confirmation document of electric powered two wheelers
These are all available in English and Japanese and Association’s Regular Members can download them at the Member Page.